本站首页 外贸论坛

您的位置:首页 -> 外贸英语 -> 外贸英语 -> WTO英语900句(四)

WTO英语900句(四)

外贸论坛,外贸英语,外贸知识,外贸新闻 - 外贸之家 (2007-12-28 21:50:15) 阅读:
[

We'll have the agreement made out within two days. Please come along at 2 p.m. the day after tomorrow.

我们两天之内就可以备好协议,请于后天下午2点过来签字。

make sth out: write out sth; complete sth 写出或填写某内容:

* make out a cheque for 10 开出一张10英镑的支票

* Applications must be made out in triplicate. 申请书必须填写一式三份.

* The doctor made me out a prescription. 医生给我开了一个处方

Do you mean to say that if we entrust you with the agency, you will sell $1,000,000 each year?

你的意思是说如果我们指定你们为代理,你将每年销售100万美元?

I couldn’t have said it any better. But we expect a 10% commission, of course.

就是这个意思。当然我们要求10%的佣金。

commission:[C, U] payment to sb for selling goods which increases with the quantity of goods sold 佣金; 回扣; 酬劳金:

* You get (a) 10% commission on everything you sell. 你可从售出的每种货物中得到10%佣金.

* earn 2000 (in) commission 挣得2000英镑酬劳金

* She is working for us on commission, ie is not paid a salary. 她按挣回扣方式为我们工作(没有薪水).

Our agents in other areas usually get a 5-7% commission.

我们给其它地区代理的佣金通常是5-7%。

But your product is still new to our market, and we need to do a lot of work and spend a lot of money on sales promotion.

但我们市场对你们产品仍然不太了解,我们在推销过程中需要做很多工作,花很多钱。

A 10% commission won’t leave us much.

10%的佣金剩不下多少。

As you know, we are a well-established firm in the line of textiles, and we enjoy good relations with all the wholesalers, chain stores and distributors in Canada.

你知道,我公司在纺织业有良好的信誉,跟加拿大所有的批发商、连锁商店和分销商都保持很好的关系。

line: [sing] department of activity; type of business 活动的范围; 行业:

* He's something in the `banking line. 他在银行工作.

* Her line is more selling than production. 她搞销售而不搞生产.

* That's not (much in) my line, ie not one of my skills or interests. 那我可不(大)在行.

You’ll find it most worthwhile if you appoint us as your sole agent.

如果指定我们为你们的独家代理,你们会觉得特别值。

Thank you for your intention to help promote the sales of our products, and we are quite satisfied with your performance in the last two years.

感谢你们推销我方产品的意愿,对你们过去两年的表现我们也非常满意。

But honestly, an annual sales volume of $500,000 does not justify a sole agency agreement.

但说实在的,50万美元的年销售量并不证明你们能胜任独家代理的工作。

If we are granted the sole agency, we can assure you that we’ll double the turnover.

如果我们得到独家代理权,我们保证销售量可翻一番。

I’ve come to talk about an agency agreement.

我是来谈代理协议的。

What do you have in mind?

你们有什么想法?

Ever since your product entered our market two years ago, it has shown a great market potential.

你们产品自从两年以前进入我们市场以来,显示出了很大的潜力。

potential :n [U] ~ (for sth) possibility of being developed or used 潜在性; 可能性:

*She recognized the potential for error in the method being used. 她意识到在所采用的方法中可能出错.

* He studied the German market to find the potential there for profitable investment.

他对德国的市场进行了研究以寻求投资获利的可能性.

But you can do even better if you develop some kind of sales network there.

但如果你们能在那儿开发出某种销售网络,将会卖得更好。

To tell you the truth, I was just thinking of that.

说实话我也正在考虑这事。

Additional premium? That’s not a problem. There’s no harm in doing things on the safe side.

额外保险费?这没问题。做事保险一些总没坏处。

premium: amount or installment (to be) regularly paid for an insurance policy 保险费:

* Your first premium is now due. 你的第一期保险费现已到期.

Then we will cover War Risk for you.

这样我们就替你投保战争险。

cover sb/sth (against/for sth) : insure sb/sth against loss, etc 给某人[某事物]保险:

* Are you fully covered against/for fire and theft? 你是否保了足够的火险和盗窃险?

Good. One more thing. What if I want a 130% coverage?

好的。还有一件事,如果我按130%投保呢?

what if : what would happen if? 要是...又怎样?:

* What if it rains when we can't get under shelter? 假若下起雨来, 我们又没处避雨可怎么办?

* What if the rumour is true? 万一谣传真有其事呢?

You mean 130% of the invoice value? This can be done, but you will have to pay the extra premium too.

你是说发票金额的130%吗?可以,但也要交额外保险费。

In this case I’d rather have 110%.

这样的话,我还是投保110%吧。

We usually insure against All Risks for 110% of the invoice value.

我们通常按发票金额的110%投保一切险。

insure sb/sth (against sth) : make a contract that promises to pay sb an amount of money in case of accident, injury, death, etc, or damage to or loss of sth 保险; 投保:

*insure oneself/one's life for 50000 为自己投50000英镑的人寿保险

* insure one's house against fire 为自己的房子保火险.

Does All Risks include War Risk?

一切险也包括战争险吗?

No. War Risk is a special additional risk, and it has to be arranged separately.

不。战争险是一种特殊附加险,必须单独投保。

But judging from the recent situation in Kosovo, I think War Risk should be covered.

但是从科所沃目前的形势看,我认为应该投保战争险。

We can certainly do this, but it is subject to an additional premium, because our CIF quotation doesn’t include this risk.

我们当然可以做到,但战争险要交额外保险费,因为我们CIF报价没有包括这种险别。

subject adj.作表语

~ to sth/sb obliged to obey sth/sb; under the authority of sth/sb 须服从某事物[某人]; 受某事物[某人]支配:

*We are subject to the law of the land. 我们须遵守当地的法律.

* Peasants used to be subject to the local landowner.农民过去受地主的压迫
What about W.P.A.?

水渍险呢?

W.P.A. has a broader coverage. It covers everything in F.P.A. plus partial loss caused by natural calamities.

水渍险范围广一些,除了平安险的范围外,还包括自然灾害引起的部分损失。

And All Risks?

那么一切险呢?

All Risks means WPA plus additional risks, or extraneous risks, risks not incidental to transport by sea.

一切险就是水渍险加上附加险,附加险即不是由于海上运输本身的特性所带来的风险。

incidental :作表语

~ (to sth) liable to occur because of sth or in connection with sth 易伴随发生; 因相关而产生:

* the risks that are incidental to exploration 探险时容易遇到的危险

* additional responsibilities that are incidental to the job 做这项工作要承担的额外责任

I see. Now, for this particular article, what risks do you usually cover?

我明白了。那么我们这批货,你们通常投保什么险呢?

I have to say that I know every little about this clause. Can you explain it a little?.

我得说我对这个条款了解很少。你能不能解释一下?

clause: paragraph or section in a legal document (eg a will, contract or treaty) stating a particular obligation, condition, etc (在法律文件如遗嘱、 合同或条约中, 陈述具体义务、 条件等的)段落或章节; 条款:

* There is a clause in the contract forbidding tenants to sublet. 合同中列有条款, 禁止承租人转租.

OK.OMCC provides coverage of three basic, some additional risks and some special additional risks.

好的。《海洋运输货物保险条款》承保三种基本险、一些附加险和一些特殊附加险。

The three basic risks are Free from Particular Average (F.P.A.), With Particular Averaged (W.P.A.) and All Risks (A.R.).

这三种基本险是平安险、水渍险和一切险。

What do they mean respectively?

它们分别是什么意思?

Well, roughly speaking, F.P.A. covers total loss resulting from both natural calamities and accidents, and partial loss caused by accidents.

大体上说,平安险包括自然灾害和意外事故造成的全部损失和意外事故造成的部分损失。

calamity / kэl'жmэti; kэ`lжmэti/ n serious misfortune or disaster 灾祸; 灾难:

* The earthquake was the worst calamity in the country's history. 那次地震是全国有史以来最严重的灾难.

* (joc 谑) There are worse calamities than failing your driving test.

比起你驾驶考试不合格来说, 更大的灾难还多着呢.

calamitous / kэ'lжmitэs; kэ`lжmэtэs/ adj ~ (to sb/sth) involving or causing a calamity; disastrous 受灾的; 造成灾害的; 灾难的.

I’m afraid I’m not in a position to give you an answer. I’ll have to consult our head office.

恐怕我无权给您答复,我得和我们总公司联系一下。

Well, my head office says the best we can do is to accept 60 days L/C.

总公司说我们最多只能接受60天信用证。

60 days? Thats all right.

60天?好吧。

But we wish to point out that it is only with a view to encouraging future deals with you that we are accommodating you this time.

但是我们想指出的是,我们只是为了鼓励将来的交易才给你这个通融的。

We always insure our goods with the People’s Insurance Company of China as per their Ocean Marine Cargo Clause, Jan.1, 1981 revision.

我们总是按照中国人民保险公司1981年1月1日的《海洋运输货物保险条款》向他们投保。

I understand your position. But at the moment, I do have some difficulty.

我理解您。但目前我确实有困难。

I would like to bend the rules a little if possible.

如果可能的话,我是愿意通融一下的。

bend the `rules: (idm) change or interpret the rules, laws, etc in a way that suits oneself or the circumstances

(根据情况)放宽规定; 变通; 通融.

We’d be willing to give you a 10% down payment.

我们愿意先付10%的定金。

[本文共有 2 页,当前是第 2 页] <<上一页 下一页>>

]

上篇文章: WTO英语900句(三)
下篇文章:WTO英语900句(五)

  • 商务英语电话报价对话
  • 询盘英语:第一次询价与答复
  • 生气时你需要学会的英语
  • 工作中常用英语短句
  • 英语周旋客户七句
  • 接见客户58句商务英语口语
  • 销售英语100招!
  • 名人名句励志英语
  • 网络聊天常用英语简写
  • 常用外贸英语口语200句
  • Google




    返回上页】【打印此页
    All Rights Reserved © 2005 - 2007 外贸之家 www.waimao.org 版权声明 联系站长